Foro / Maternidad

Radiografias en el embarazo

Última respuesta: 26 de abril de 2007 a las 1:59
M
maribi_8721650
20/4/07 a las 13:42

por favor necesito ayuda. A alguna os han hecho radiografias durante el embarazo? estoy de unas 5 semanas y hace 1 me hicieron radiografias en el vientre sin saber q estaba embarazada. Estoy super preocupada y ni el ginecologo me ha dado una solucion clara. gracias

Ver también

S
sajida_5410006
26/4/07 a las 1:59

Algo que lei
Hola HOney
Mira a mi me paso lo mismo, fui a una entrevista de trabajo y me mandaron a hacer examenes medicos, no sabia que estaba embarazada y me sacaron radiografias... pero pues te paso algo que viene en una pagina de internet... (que en resumidas cuentas dice que se hace dañino al pasar de una catidad por asi decir de 100 radiografias de pecho o cosas asi, como que la prevencion de estos casos en pasa las radiologas o la gente que trabajha expuesta a radiacion constante, de cualquier manera evitalas de aqui en adelante a menos que sea sumamente necesario y bajo el conocimiento de tu gine y del radiologo) NO te preocupes por lo que paso, e mi cita con el gine, pregunte y me dijo que no me preocupara, que mi bb estaba sanito!!!!

Is it safe to get an X-ray?
It depends on the type of X-ray you need and exactly how much radiation you're going to be exposed to. The greater your exposure to radiation, the greater the risk to your baby. Most diagnostic X-rays (dental X-rays, for example) do not expose the fetus to high enough levels of radiation to cause a problem. While fetal exposure over 10 rads (the unit of measurement for absorbed radiation) has been shown to increase the risks for mental retardation and eye abnormalities, you needn't worry. It's rare for a diagnostic X-ray to exceed 5 rads.

For example, the amount of radiation that a baby gets from a mother's dental X-ray is only 0.01 millirad. Since a rad is equal to 1,000 millirads, one would have to have 100,000 dental X-rays for the baby to receive just one rad. Other estimated fetal doses are 60 millirads for a chest X-ray, 290 millirads for an abdominal X-ray, and 800 millirads for a computerized tomographic (CT) scan. For perspective, during the normal course of pregnancy your baby is exposed to about 100 millirads of natural radiation from the sun and earth.

Although the risk from diagnostic X-rays is low, experts often recommend that women postpone getting unnecessary X-rays until after giving birth. However, if your doctor feels X-rays are needed for your particular medical situation, it may ease your mind to know that the amount of radiation your baby will receive will most likely be well within the safe range. The day of the test make sure the X-ray technician knows that you are pregnant so she can properly shield you.

If you're around radiation at work, talk to your supervisor about ways to reduce or eliminate your exposure. You may want to discuss the possibility of wearing a special kind of film badge that monitors the amount of radiation you receive. Such badges can be analyzed periodically to make sure you and the baby are safe. If you're concerned that your employer isn't addressing safety issues, contact your local office of theOccupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the government agency responsible for overseeing safety in the workplace.

If you were receiving radiation for cancer therapy before learning you were pregnant, talk to your oncologist about the amount of radiation your baby may have received, and ask for a referral to a genetic counselor and for a detailed ultrasound of the baby.

Ultimas conversaciones
#instapic #picoftheday #Fashion #Beauty #Fitness #Deco
instagram
ISDIN Si-Nails

ISDIN Si-Nails

Compartir